A downloadable game for Windows
Explore a 6x6 grid of randomly extruded and segmented squarified treemaps. Made in Unreal Engine 4 with C++.
You have an unlimited amount of mid-air jumps, use this to explore.
What did I do?
- Implemented a squarified treemap algorithm that splits a plane into smaller segments.
- Implemented a shape grammar system that can extrude a plane.
- Implemented a Procedural Actor to hold a Procedural Mesh Component to change Vertex Data.
What didn't I do?
- The Player controller and game mode are both based on First Person Shooter template blueprints (Only slightly modified).
- The materials on all of the meshes are based on Starter Content. Materials have the same name left from their original versions (With some changes made to the concrete one).
Improvements to make
- Add pathing between treemaps (Possibly using L-systems)
- Game mechanics (Some kind of goal for example)
- Better Determinism (the current implementation relies very heavily on random number generation) - the treemaps could be more useful with more complexity in their deterministic output.
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.